And now for something completely different


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 28th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On Monday morning we woke up to the sound of a light rain falling on our tent - not the best start to the day when you're camping, but we can't really complain because it's the first real rain we've had on this trip, it's warm, and it's definitely a bit easier to deal with than the snow of the day before.

We took our time having breakfast, etc. and by the time we were ready to go the skies had cleared and we set off to explore more of Zion Canyon, by walking a number of fairly short trails along the canyon. It's hard to describe how spectacular the scenery of the canyon is, and even photos don't really do it justice. We spent another fantastic day wandering the trails and being suitably awe-struck by the amazing sights - and yes, Mike, I'm afraid Craig did take quite a few more photos of rocks.

We left Utah behind and headed to Las Vegas, via Hoover Dam, which is where we've been for the past few days, enjoying a bit of sun and shopping - and trying to make some sort of sense of the mind-boggling place that this is - without too much success! It's such a complete change of pace from the type of places that we've been over the past few weeks that it's a bit hard to take it all on board. We'd booked tickets to go to a Cirque du Soleil show "Ka" on Wednesday night, which was fantastic - everything about it was spectacular - the costumes, the acrobatics, and the set. We had great seats very close to the front, so quite a bit of the trapeze-type action happened directly over our heads.

Yesterday we managed to fit in a bit more shopping during the day, and in the evening we walked the Strip from end to end and back again, taking in all the sights and sounds, as well as a few coffees to keep us going.

I've just sneaked a quick peek at the Royal wedding while Craig's been loading the car, and now we're going to get back on the road - heading back to California.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 99; dbt: 0.167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb