Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 19th 2010
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wow, Vegas was fun! It was simply everything in excess!! Russ had a great 40th birthday but we'll do a special blog with photos from the parachute jump for you.

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood hotel in a room themed around the movie "The Saint". It was a pretty neat hotel and we had a good rate for our 3 night stay.

We gambled a little, and won NOTHING WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!

We ate, A LOT! The buffets are quite something.

We walked a lot too, mainly because of the excessive eating!! It was great to wander in and out of the different hotels and casinos. It's like touring the world in just a few days. The gondolas in the Venetian carry you to Venice, a stroll past the Eiffel Tower and you're in Paris, and the New York New York needs no introduction at all.

We also got to see several shows. The Cirque du Soleil show Mystere is one of the oldest of their shows. It was good fun and not a bad price because we were given a 2-for-1 voucher in the Treasure Island Hotel. It was like a musical comedy circus with amazing acrobatics and colourful costumes. Well worth the money! The free shows were pretty cool too. There were the TI Sirens at Treasure Island where we saw pirate ships do battle and the men were well and truly defeated by the scantily clad wenches!! The Mirage volcano was surprisingly good and the fountains at the Bellagio are truly captivating whether at night or during the day.

So that was Vegas. Viva!! 3 nights was enough for us but there's enough undone to attract us back again some day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The MGM LionsThe MGM Lions
The MGM Lions

Sleeping!!
Barry Manilow at the Paris!Barry Manilow at the Paris!
Barry Manilow at the Paris!

Just for you, Mum!


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb