Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 27th 2010
Published: May 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Outside Las VegasOutside Las VegasOutside Las Vegas

Just desert!
We got a bus to Las Vegas and found our hostel which was conveniently on the main 'strip'. It was a crazy place with nothing but casinos for miles, each one based on a different theme. There is nothing around it either. You drive for about 2 hours and see just desert and then suddenly you come upon this metropolis! Some even had things like lions, theme parks and circuses in them. It was very interesting to see everyone putting stack loads of money into machines that they would never win! Amy managed to find one machine that she could vaguely understand. She won five dollars to start with but was 25 cents down by the end! Ryan had slightly better luck, using $40 to enter a poker game and coming out with $120!!

While there we also visited the Grand Canyon. You have to really want to do it though as it involves a 12 hour bus trip! We started at 6am and saw the Hoover Dam on the way. When we got to the Canyon it was heavy snow! The last thing anyone would expect. Luckily we managed to get pretty good views of it before the visibility got quite poor. It was a pretty amazing sight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Inside!Inside!
Inside!

Pretty much the same at every one


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb