Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 30th 2009
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Yosemite, we drove back to SF to catch a domestic flight to… LAS VEGAS! Hell yeah baby! We flew with US Airways (our next recommendation!). Ok so Las Vegas is in the State of Nevada, so it’s the next state on our list! As you probably know, Las Vegas is located right in the middle of the desert, so yes: it was BOILING HOT! Hot is probably not even a good enough word, it was really hard to breathe! We stayed in Las Vegas 4 days and we think it was enough. Depending on what your plans are, we would probably even say that 2-3 days are enough. That is of course if you’re only interested in sightseeing, not losing money in casinos. We stayed in Stratosphere! It is a massive hotel complex that consists of several blocks of rooms and a massive tower in the middle with observation deck at the top and three very scary extreme rides (no we didn’t ride any, they were too scary). It was probably one of the best hotels we ever stayed in, the pool was enormous, there was everything in the hotel you could absolutely imagine. This is what hotels are like in Las Vegas, they try to keep you in the hotel so you can stay and spend money in their casinos. In terms of gambling, we only played about $5 and won some ridiculously small amount of money which we then of course lost again, so no we’re not gamblers lol. They call Las Vegs “Sin City” or “Amusement Park for Adults”. It really does look like a massive Disneyland. Especially at night you kinda wonder how much electricity the city actually consumes. It’s all very bright and exciting the first time you see it, but after a day or two you become really tired of all the noise. Yes they have everything there, there is an Eiffel Tower, a Pyramid, a Sphinx, a mini New York and a Paris hotel, which looks like streets of Paris inside. Erotic shows are on offer, and we saw one, titled The Bite, it was quite good. We can’t say it was massively erotic and filthy, the girls (topless at times) seemed very professional in terms of dance moves and had very healthy looking bodies. It was definitely entertaining.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb