The Grand Canyon is a different planet!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 11th 2006
Published: November 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally I was in Las Vegas , the city that was so talked about and featured in so many movies....but what a disappointment it quickly was? I mean what to do here unless you want to lose money? I have to say that I only invested 1 dollar in gambling and got 11 dollars back, whooo-hooo....my friend in the other hand lost about 1000 dollar in 3 days and still was going on! I was bored, BOooREEED of watching her fidgeting with the slot machines in the process of self-disruption, the sounds of the casino were now so embedded in my brain that after only one evening spent in one I could hear the various "DIIIIIING DIIIIIIINGs" in my head and see the flashing lights even with my eyes closed while in bed trying to fall asleep. The next day we went partying....was that better than gambling? Maybe...but I don't like clubbing in USA and Las Vegas was no different....I was accustomed to clubbing in London where they party with a more carefree, chilled approach.
The next day I saw an agency that organized helicopter trips to the Grand Canyon..... Finally I had found a REAL thing to do in this place! I booked a trip for me and my friend for the next morning...I was anxious when the helicopter took off at first as it felt unstable, shaky, as if it could fall off at anytime...but soon all of these fears where overlooked: the Grand Canyon was just there, before my eyes, this vast, rocky landscape made you feel like you were on a different planet, I began smiling one of my biggest smiles ever! At some point we landed..I was high with happiness, I could not believe I was in this magnificent place....this made me realize how a place's natural beauty can be the source of great happiness.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb