Day 48 - Drive to Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 21st 2006
Published: February 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Viva Las Vegas !!

It's time to waste some money so we set off on what was to be an eventful day to Las Vegas. A few hours into our journey we stopped at a town called Victorville to have lunch in a cool 'themed' restaurant which was decked out like an old western country eatery. When we left to get back in the car I noticed the front tyre was flat! BUGGER! Luckily we had stopped right next to a tyre fitting place (I swear they did it, lol). It took us a couple of hours to get a new tire which I had to pay for and claim later, no thanks to Dollar rentacar customer services who first said I would have to drive 45 miles back to their depot, but we couldn't get the old wheel in the car with all our luggage, the spare wheel was one of them useless smaller wheels for emergency use only. They relented and allowed me to get a new tire so we could continue. It's a long way to Vegas through barren terrain with a few small towns inbetween. It was Saturday night, Las Vegas was BUSY! We foolishly decided to drive along The Strip but it took us ages to get to the other end where our hostel was. Actually it was cool to slowly drive along with our jaws dropping in awe at the sheer scale of the casinos. We checked in to Sin City Hostel which was a really nice place, although we only intended to stay for one night as we could get our own motel room for less money the next night (rates are higher on Fri/Sat night in Vegas).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb