Buy Some Roses


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 21st 2009
Published: May 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left the campground in Chula Vista early in the morning so that we could avoid most of the desert heat as we drove towards Las Vegas. We failed (kind of). It was still stifling, but a little more doable. It was very frustrating to see the signs that read "Avoid Overheating. Shut off your AC next 20 miles." There was no good way around that heat. Eventually we made it into Nevada (not that we hoped it would make it cooler, but it meant we were closer to Vegas). Nevada struck me as a fake state. Exit 1, Primm, had a roller coaster and other things that just seemed so overdone they were unreal. And that was before we even got to Vegas.

In Vegas we met up with Jason who just so happened to be vacationing there for a few days. 😊 We walked through all the cool hotels just to see them, the biggest thing to do in Vegas. We saw: Paris; Planet Hollywood; MGM Grand; Tropicana; Mandalay Bay; Luxor; Excalibur; New York New York; Bellagio; Caesars Palace; Mirage; Treasure Island; Wynn and Encore; Palazzo; Venetian.

We spent a lot of time at the famous Bellagio Fountain. We watched it twice during the day and 4 times (maybe 5?) at night. It is so amazing to watch and I definitely stood in awe. But the funniest thing might have been the lady who was trying to sell the guys in the group roses. With no emotion on her face, she would creepily come up behind us and say "Buy some roses." And then she'd look angry when we said no she seemed severely disappointed. But it's not like the roses looked that good.

Around midnight, after spending the entire night at the Bellagio, we went back to their hotel room in the Palazzo (shhhh) and sat around and were talking for a long time. It was nice. I like how on this trip we keep meeting up with people because it keeps our trip interesting!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb