Day 1 - To Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 10th 2009
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our Mother's Day was a little out of the ordinary. We had packed the car the night before so we had little to pack in the morning. As a result, we were on the road by 9 am. Our first stop was to play at Beach Park in Bakersfield, CA. Having visited this park before, we knew it was close to the freeway and had a Dinosaur (aka Dragon) slide. This was the perfect first stop for our "Dinosaur Trip." The kids swang on the swings, went down the slides, and tested out their buckets and shovels in the sand. Our next stop was a late lunch at the outlets in Barstow, CA. Although the GPS tried directing us to a vacant piece of land, we were able to find the outlets! After some food and some shopping, we hit the road for our third 2 hour block of time in the car. Levi slept and we played some car games with Paul. After arriving in Las Vegas, it seemed like it took an eternity to check into our hotel and drag our stuff up to the 19th floor of the New York, New York. After grabbing some pizza at a restaurant in the hotel, we walked down the strip to watch the Fountains of Bellagio a few times. It was a nice evening but we totally over stimulated the kids! Luckily Levi went to bed easily. The rest of us enjoyed a special Mother's Day ice cream treat before bed. Since we didn't want to disturb Levi with our little party, we celebrated in the bathroom. We have photos to prove it! 😊 After that we all went straight to bed. We were plenty exhausted.

Day 1 Stats





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb