Viva Las Vegas!!! (Part 2)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 21st 2005
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

USA Hostels Las VegasUSA Hostels Las VegasUSA Hostels Las Vegas

This is the place where I stayed for 2 nights. The good thing about this place is that it's near Downtown Las Vegas, it's one of the few hostels that have a swimming pool, and it has free wireless internet! The "not so good" thing is that it's rather noisy at night (imagine hearing techno at 3am!), and the place looks old and small.
I have taken so many photos in Las Vegas that I decided to divide the photos into 2 parts. Las Vegas is simply amazing. Everywhere you go, you'll see something interesting and something that you want to capture with your camera. Every casino is a tourist attraction by itself and you can unknowingly take dozens of photos in one casino. At the end of my 2 days' stay in Las Vegas, I had taken over 600 photos! (Of course, I am not going to upload all the 600 photos. This will be madness. Instead, I have chosen the more beautiful and more interesting photos and upload them here... (Organising and sorting 600+ photos took me a long time. Some more, a new semester has started in my university and I'm getting busier and busier.) If you want to see more photos, please let me know (or better still, you should go to Las Vegas and experience the amazement yourself. Haha)

In part 1 (the previous post), I uploaded photos of the Strip and the area around the Strip. In part 2 (this post), I'm uploading photos of Downtown Las Vegas, as well as the area north of Downtown. Enjoy surfing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Pancake breakfastPancake breakfast
Pancake breakfast

In the hostel, we have a pancake breakfast in the morning. However, we (the guests) have to cook our own pancakes. The hostel provides the pancake mix and the frying pan, and we try to cook the pancakes ourselves. When I cooked my pancakes, I poured too much pancake mix into the pan. As a result, the pancake was too thick, and I couldn't flip it over. In the end, one side of my pancake was uncooked, and the other side overcooked. (I ate the stuff in the end, in order not to waste food.) Btw, the pancake in the photo looks soggy, because I added too much syrup and jam.
Fremont StreetFremont Street
Fremont Street

The heart of Downtown Las Vegas, Fremont Street received a major facelift in 1995. The street was converted into a pedestrian mall, topped with a arched steel canopy filled with computer-controlled lights. Every night, a gigantic light show takes place on the canopy. In summer, special fans blow mist onto the pedestrial mall, providing relief on hot days.
Fremont Street 3Fremont Street 3
Fremont Street 3

There are numerous casinos along Fremont Street. Here is one of them - 4 Queens.
Fremont Street 5Fremont Street 5
Fremont Street 5

Golden Goose (on the left) and Glitter Gutch
Fremont Street 7Fremont Street 7
Fremont Street 7

Golden Gate
Fremont Street 8Fremont Street 8
Fremont Street 8

Light show (It's amazing to see the whole canopy turning into a gigantic screen. The show is enhanced by more than 500 kilowatts of wraparound sound.)
Fremont Street 11Fremont Street 11
Fremont Street 11

Fremont Casino and 4 Queens at night
Fremont Street 12Fremont Street 12
Fremont Street 12

Golden Nugget at night
Fremont Street 13Fremont Street 13
Fremont Street 13

Pioneer at night
Main Street StationMain Street Station
Main Street Station

Formerly a railway station, the casino keep many railway-related artefacts and the casino was built to resemble a luxurious Victorian era station.
Main Street Station 2Main Street Station 2
Main Street Station 2

A carefully restored train carriage on display. The train carriage used to carry very important visitors and hence had many luxurious fittings and facilities.
Main Street Station 3Main Street Station 3
Main Street Station 3

The casino's elegant Victorian era interior design makes me very impressed
Main Street Station 4Main Street Station 4
Main Street Station 4

It's a pity that these magnificient stain-glass windows are hidden behind a row of gambling machines...


Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb