All on red! or was it black wed 29th July 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 5th 2008
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The strip The strip The strip

This is just a little part of the famous Las Vegas strip.
Wow, hot, and just spectacular is how I would sum up the last few days! We left the drizzle of Newport and the heat of Rhode Island to fly out to Vegas. Our flight was way longer than we thought but we used the time to plan the road trip of a life time in California. After seeing the Grand Cayon from the air I was even more excited to see the real thing in the next few days. It was an amazing slight and a vast expanse of beauty. Sounds corny I know but you have to see it to believe it. We had lots of suggestions of sights to see and restaurant to book from the very helpful steward and the guy we sat next to. They were both very jealous of our plans!
We hit Vegas at 6pm and made our way down the strip to the Imperial Palace, passing some phenomal hotels and casinos. After a drink watching Freddie Mercury, Billy Idol and Cher
(the entertainment and card dealers in the Imperial), we made our way down the Strip. The temperature at 9pm was 108 degrees!!! It was actually hard to stay out on the Strip for
ParisParisParis

Can you guess what this casino was called??
longer than a few minutes before we had to cool down with a cold drink in the air conditioned casinos -or at least this is what Graeme convinced me of! We went to Venice in the Venetian, France in Paris, Greece in Caesars Palace, Italy in the Bellagio, the Wild West in Buffalo Bills, and saw a show outside Treasure Island. Vegas is truly amazing, the size and lavishness of some of the casinos and these were just a few that we saw in the six hours we looked around. Got to bed at 4am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

giant slot mac giant slot mac
giant slot mac

Ok, I didn't win anything, but it was fun trying!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb