Second hit at Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 1st 2005
Published: December 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We got back to Vegas at about 10pm after a 6 hour drive from the canyon. This time we were staying in Paris Las Vegas with the Eiffle tower and hot air ballon right outside our window.

We spent the evening again walking up the strip gawking at all of the huge hotels- it was still nuts!

The next day we went into a few of the larger hotels to check them out. Hands down the Venetzia was my favourite. The hotel is made up like a little Venice with canals going all through the hotel, gindola rides and masquerade actors and performers all around. We spent about 2 hours walking through looking at all of the shops (a bit too pricey for us) and taking in the atmoshpere. I have no concept of how much money would have been spent on setting up that hotel.

We then caught the bus all the way to the top of the Strip to the Stratosphere tower. It is one of the tallest building in the world, or something like that, it is very high and we went straight to the top. It has amazing views but be careful of the wind. There is also a carzy ride that swings you off the top of it to dangle above the strip - you could not pay me enough money!!

Our evenings entertainment was seeing Cirque du Soleil just before we left. Nethier of us had seen them before, apart from snippets on TV, but it was absolutely amazing. Next time they tour Australia, I am gonig to do everything I can to go and see them. The production was fantasic and there were high trapeze acts, and comedy and juggling and crazy balancing acts that blew your mind if you thought about how much strength was required. But every act made it look so easy.

After that, we made a made dash back to our hotel to get to the top of the Eiffle tower before we had to catch our flight. It was well worth it. The view of the strip from up there at night was strangely beautiful (I do find it strange to call all that neon beautiful).

Then we were on a plane back to LA... to start our trip to NYC


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



11th December 2005

Trip Commentary
Hi Steph and Tim - a very novel way of doing your travel log. Enjoy and keep the reports coming.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb