Vegas Baby


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Las Vegas never ceases to fascinate me. It's a vibrant city jammed pack with entertainment and the best parties. I visit Vegas at least 3 times a year since I was 13. Maybe I go a little too often, but I am never bored of this city. Where can you find the effiel tower next to the arc de triumph and across from a musical fountain when you can walk and look up at the Statute of Liberty down the block and check out a black pyramid across the street. It only happens in Vegas.

Over the years, I have witnessed the changes and vast developments. From eating the buffets to eating at the fine and exquisite restaurants to local joints and from playing at the best arcades to the clubs and ultra lounges. Not to mention the gambling in Vegas is like you are in another planet.

My recent trip took me to another part of Vegas that highlights a historical landmark. The Hoover Dam. We embarked on a tour underground and saw what happened underneath the Hoover Dam. The Dam is grand and magnificent. I am completely inspired by the intelligence and the level of skill the people have in the 1930s with the technology and machineries that were available to them. If the people could build the Hoover Dam - imagine what can really be done with what we have today.

I also took the liberty to sneak to a yoga class in the morning at the B.K.S Iyengar Center. It was one of the best classes I have ever been to. Yoga in the dessert is hot!!

Last but not least, we spent our July 4th in Vegas. The view of fireworks over the Bellagio fountain is breathtaking. The reflection of the fireworks over the pond was beautiful, it's a rare sight for me in Vegas.

At night, we stopped by a lounge in Caesars Palance called Shadows. It is a small lounge in the middle of the casino and they had some of the greatest bartenders there! It was my first time seeing bartenders juggling the liquor bottles and making shots with like 6 shakers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb