Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 4th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left L.A. on the greyhound and headed to Vegas. It was a long drive (6 hours) but we're getting used to that now and it doesn't bother us so much. We arrived, checked into the Luxor and had a really nice (huge) room in the pyramid that overlooked the sphinx and we could see up the strip.

In Vegas we mostly wandered around gawping at all the hotels! We played blackjack once for about 10 minutes with $20 and came out with $32.50 so we took it and ran. We did play slots, but we played for drinks! We put a dollar in the machine and played really slowly until the drinks lady came, got our free drinks (a lemonade and a beer - i know i'm lame!) and then played really slowly until she came round again! We got lucky with the majority of the machines and probably over the 3 days only spent about $10 in them and probably got about 20 free drinks!

We went and watched a show at Treasure Island.. something about lady sirens and male pirates and of course, the scantily clad women won!

We ate lots, when we ate, and little else the rest of the time. The portions are so huge that you can't even finish a plateful of dinner and even then it sates your hunger for the majority of the next day!

When we left Vegas on the Greyhound, the bus broke down after half an hour and we had 2 hours sat in the Mojave desert - which is fairly warm! It was a mere 110F in Vegas and even warmer in the desert, so around 45C. They got us a new bus, which was also having issues - the driver needed a stone to stop the revs dropping and the engine stalling when she wasn't in the bus. It stalled once at some traffic lights and it took her 10 minutes to start it again which was great! We did eventually limp into L.A. about 2 hours later than expected. At least we had a desert adventure to tell everyone about though!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb