Las Vegas - SUCCESS!.. but not really.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Vegas Panorama 16 secs
When we finally crossed the treacherous hoover (straddling the nevada/arizona border), we arrived at our traditionally tacky hotel, the Sahara. After so much time in the desert, we enjoyed hot showers and getting dressed up despite the clogged bathtub and presence of only 1 outlet.

We had a nice dinner, and then headed on the tram to a bar in mandalay bay where tequila shots are apparently all doubles (at least...) and the karaoke is a semi professional event. When it became evident that nikki was NOT going to allow us to participate in the karaoke-ing, we headed to caesar's palace for some gambling, and fun! Leigh decided to try her hand at roulette. After 2 unsuccessful "ALL ON BLACK!"s, and $70 in the red, she began to cry and was asked to kindly LEAVE the table.

Meanwhile at the blackjack table, after immediately losing her $40 in cash, Blair continued to convince the prickly armed man to her right to give her his chips. As she burned through over $150 of his money, kathy fell dead asleep and was sent home in a cab.

Next we headed to the palms in search of the elusive GHOST BAR. Because it was a monday, they had closed it early to the dismay (and near tears, again) of all. We tried to sneak up, but the security guards were one step ahead of us and had blocked off the elevators. We headed to the bar, where we enjoyed an additional 3 vodka redbulls, and were immediately cut off and sent home.

The next morning included much pain and suffering, breakfast quote: "I love you guys.... i'm telling you because I don't think i'm going to make it."

We lounged by the pool for a bit, some enjoyed, some despaired. Finally we decided it was time to get out of Vegas, and moved on with no sort of souvenir for the first time.

onwaaaard...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb