Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
March 27th 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone... another update of the travels of Daniel & Olivia. Will have to be quick because the internet access is expensive & we have some shopping to do in our final days in Las Vegas!!

Since our last update we relocated from Newport Beach in Los Angeles, to Venice Beach in Los Angeles. It was a pretty big change.... one being the upper class where there is no one on the streets because they are driving expensive cars and/or too snobbish (we are talking million dollar mansions).... the other being the heart and soul of Los Angeles where EVERYONE comes together - roller skaters, bike riders, joggers, homeless, street stalls, etc etc. We didn't dare walk around this area at night but it was full of excitement during the day.

While in Venice we went to Santa Monica pier where you may be familar with the amusement park which is based there... (and where Baywatch came from).... but no, we havn't seen celebrities!

.... other stuff we got up to included... a Lakers basketball game... went to Universal Studios... and went on a day tour around all of Los Angeles including the walk of fame in Hollywood... etc etc

We are now in Las Vegas. Getting here was an absolute drama... the airports are as bad as advertised. Although getting through from our international flight was a breeze the security screening to get on our flight 45 minutes to Las Vegas was full on. We had to keep providing our boarding passes and ID and also everyone had to take their shoes off before screening. On top of that all flights were delayed due to smog...

Las Vegas is fantastic. I knew what to expect as I'd been here before but I'm pretty sure that it has blown Olivia's mind. So much change here and there is so much to see. We have basically just walked and walked through the mazes of casinos... last night we went to Cique du Soleil and watched Zumanity... which is a 18+ version of the shows all around Las Vegas. So we were both happy - I got to see nudity and Olivia got to see whatever was in it for her. 😉

We hope to go and see another show tonight, which is our final night. Tomorrow night we fly to San Francisco which won't be as full on and hopefully I will get a chance to upload the 1000's of photos we have so far taken. As well as find our feet a bit before heading up to Canada.

Both having a great time... pretty tired as the first two stops have been pretty full on with attractions, etc. Missing you all, although it has only been a week.

Happy Birthday to Mike... sorry to miss another birthday!

Go the Saints!

Dan & Liv

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb