Out with the old...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 12th 2008
Published: January 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

JC and Smithy arrived at around 5 in the end, about half an hour after Dave and Ross had left my hotel room. Meeting them in reception I was told they were planning to jump on me when they arrived, but one look at my clearly hungover face advised them that it may not have been the best idea.

They were both knackered, but since the rest of us were as well, we persevered, and jumped on the Monorail to the Flamingo where Dave and Ross were staying. For once Dave was ready on time, so we headed straight out to get some food, finding a cheap steakhouse that served proper beer. Well, Foster's anyway.

From here, we gambled a bit in various casinos before going to the Flamingo bar for the cigars we had picked up at the Indian Reservation yesterday. We clearly looked like big shots whilst we were smoking them, judging by the looks we were getting. Did I say big shots, sorry I meant twats.

An hour after lighting them, we finally finshed the cigars and went back to the MGM Grand for a quick go on roulette. Well it was quick for me and Dave anyway, JC finally lost his money after an hour and Ross walked away $50 up after waiting 90 minutes for '0' to come in.

The next day was Ross and Dave's last, so they came to dump their stuff in our room before we went out to say goodbye in style. By going shopping. As I was on a budget i limited myself to a pair of jeans and 2 t shirts, but the same can't be said for Ross who bought 3 pairs of trainers, all in increasingly outlandish colours.

When we'd finally finished, we ate at the 'Irish' pub in New York New York before I showed I am the true hard man of Sidcup on the virtual boxing game. Finally we had one last beer in hooters then Dave and Ross left us. Foolishly, the rest of us decided to go back to Coyote Ugly for a bit until we got fed up being insulted, so we went back to our hotel bar where we discovered to our delight that all the waitresses wear short skirts and stockings and suspenders. I had sweet dreams that night. Until i woke up to see JC's face in front of me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb