Viva Las Vegas 7/7/07


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Emmet and I went to Vegas for his brother Sean's renewal of vows on 7/7/07 at 77 minutes after midnight on the year of their 7th anniversary (Nah, they are not into numbers at all).
We arrived at the airport early thanks to no Friday Traffic. The flight taking us to Vegas was a few minutes early. Waiting for the Hertz Rent a Car. Let's just say that almost took as long as the flight. Luckily everything else went smoothly. We even made it in enough time to visit with family and guests before the wedding in the Suite at the Golden Nugget that Sean and Sara were staying in. There was food (yum) and that fantastic looking cake (see pic) that we would eat after the ceremony.
At the time I did not realize that they would be married by Elvis. (I was curious as to why their son was dressed up as Elvis, and I was wondering why there were so many Elvis themed items in strewn about the Suite....napkins, streamers, etc...)
Despite the heat (even past midnight) the ceremony was fun. The after party had some games a toast and we got to eat the cake, (three different flavors if I remember correctly).
Saturday .....With not much to do when it is 115 degrees out Emmet found the library, which had a great graphic novel section and of course wireless internet, but you can not bring weapons in (see pic). This was also what I dub Raye Ditsy day, I lost count of items and people I pumped into. I blame the heat. : )
We had to get a fan for our room because it must have been about 80 in there, the buildings AC pumped out 72 degrees which could not compete with the heat outside.
Saturday night we attended a Milonga which had the short hours of 10pm-2am. Emmet knew a couple of people there (he is a popular man). The people were friendly the floor was spacious and it was cool inside. There were not too many people at the Milonga and they tended to socialize more than dance.
Sunday, late breakfast, back to the library and a nice dinner with Emmet's family.
All in all a hot yet nice weekend with my sweetie.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb