Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 18th 2022
Published: August 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

16th August, 2022.

Well, I slept in this morning. Sandra was up early as usual and got me some juice for breakfast. After a bit of a slow start, we left at 10:15 for our zip line at the Fremont St experience. The Deuce bus that is supposed to be every 10 minutes ended up being 35 minutes late and then the driver told us we couldn’t get on coz it was too full. We had to wait another 15 minutes for the next bus and only just managed to get on. The both of us were starting to think we wouldn’t make it in time. Then when we were almost there, the bus engine just stopped. The driver couldn’t start it and there was no air conditioning. After a few more tries, it started again and we got to the 2nd last stop and the bus died again. We just got out and walked. It was as if we were not meant to do this. We made it with a couple of minutes to spare.

There was a family of four in front of us who had also had their ride changed. We got fitted into our gear and also had a go-pro strapped to our wrist. There was 8 people taken up in the lift. The first 4 were strapped in to the harnesses and sent on their way.

It was our turn next. We had to lie on mats to get attached. Once attached, and the mats removed, we both felt we were going to fall out the front of the harness. It was definitely a boob squasher. The door dropped and we were off. Shit, we were higher than we thought. I screamed, Sandra laughed, I screamed a lot more and Sandra kept laughing. Sandra was the one who swore, not me. The end of the ride ended with a major jolt and my butt almost in my head. Sandra made a a statement … I will go again! I said no way I’m too old for this shit. I enjoyed it and was glad I did it but don‘t think I will do it again.

We went back to the hotel and had a couple of hours gambling. Didn’t win but we had a good time.

About 6pm, we got the Deuce bus down the watch the Bellagio Fountains. This display was set to Lady Gaga’s song Bad Romance. They are so clever.

Walked back to the hotel and got dinner at a Japanese restaurant and had salmon in garlic butter sauce with lemon and broccolini. Sooooo delicious.

We then went to The Beatles Cirque de Soleil. What an amazing show. There was so much to see your head had to be on a swivel. The performers were very talented. Their was dancers, trampoliners, high rope climbers and even little robots. They were little trikes with boots pedaling but no one riding them. Very freaky. We thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Back to the room to pack up ready for our flight to New Orleans in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.8kb