Our Las Vegas Convention Experience


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 25th 2018
Published: August 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

In July of this year, my husband and I went to Las Vegas for a trade show convention and a mini vacation. We stayed at Treasure Island Casino and Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip. The rooms were under $100 a night and they offered several amenities for their guests. I enjoyed laying out at the pool in the evenings and taking a quick swim after a long day of walking the trade show floor and trying to act interested in my husband's conversations at the shows. I found myself more interested in the colorful signs at the show.

The Las Vegas trade show had many wonderful and colorful signs on display. I saw many display graphics like fabric pop up displays and many step and retractable banners on display. The fabric pop up displays particularly interested me because they seemed so popular and came in many different forms. Some of these pop up displays were straight, wavy or had a curve to them. They were all wrinkle free because they used a fabric instead of a banner material. Apparently, the pop up display has a stand and then a fabric is simply placed over them, stretched and tightened down to make it look wrinkle free. These fabrics were printed on and looked very nice. Retractable banners were almost in every display booth and came in many sizes. It was just fascinating to see all these signs and banners and how colorful they were. Most of them had pictures of products on them. But after looking at them for hours, I was glad the trade show was over, not that I am not interested in my husband's work, I just couldn't take it anymore.

After catching a ride back to the Treasure Island Casino, it was time to have a drink and sit around the pool for awhile. It was very hot, seemed like over 100 degrees still in the shade, but a quick swim and cocktail gave me whole new outlook on life. I looked forward to a nice meal and some walking around on the Las Vegas Strip to see the sites. We had a nice dinner at the hotel's steakhouse and some relaxing cocktails and soon went out to see the sites.

Las Vegas has sure changed over the years. It seems much more family friendly with lots of things for the kids to do. I saw many children playing with their parents at the pools and inside the hotels and casinos. My husband and I noticed many casinos have movie theatres located inside along with many fast food type eateries for the kids. Of course, there were video arcades and shopping as well for families as well. Also, many of the casinos had dedicated space to family entertainment such as looking at lions, sharks, marine life, Pirate war, etc. It seems the city of Las Vegas is growing up and learning that you need to have family entertainment instead of just gambling.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb