Our Vegas Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 19th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

PosersPosersPosers

Vinoka, Russ & I posing for our pic at The Stratosphere - 18/9/06
Well, Russ and I survived Vegas and it didn't even cost us an arm and a leg. Had a great time, loved Vegas!

After buying our new vehicle and getting it insured Friday night we decided to head out to Vegas on Saturday morning. The trip started nicely, get on the 210 and follow the signs to Vegas. Well, that's nice and easy in theory but what do you do when they suddenly shut down the 210 to rip up the road and make you detour thru some place without signs telling you where to go? Never fear, we asked someone and made our way to Vegas on a different freeway. The rest of the journey was uneventful, thank god.

We got to Vegas about 3-3.5 hours later and then came the fun part, trying to find somewhere to stay for 2 nights. As we arrived on a Saturday motels were charging whatever they wanted and they were the crappiest of places. We found a nice one in downtown Vegas that was reasonably priced. We were still on the strip but didn't mind not being up with all the lights and glitz as we just drove our car and parked in the other casino's free carparks.

Saturday night was spent walking the strip and just taking it all in, it really is an amazing place and you don't have to be a gambler to enjoy it. The casino's allow smoking but they are ventillated well so it didn't even effect my Asthma.

On Sunday we met up with our friend Vinoka and went to the Stratosphere, which has the rides and observation deck. The view was awesome and we (well, I) was suckered in and bought the photo that they take as you enter the viewing area. Russ and Vinoka went on the ride like the Giant Drop but I didn't. Did not think it would be the wisest decision as I'm still sick so I stayed on the viewing deck with all the bags and such.

After dropping Vinoka at the airport Sunday afternoon, Russ and I bought mobile chargers and then hit the strip again. Whilst there we managed to catch some of the free shows the casino's offer but still didn't manage to get to everything. Loved the Bellagio fountains, no photos on my digital camera but got a short video on my mobile phone, not the best quality. We saw the fountain turned Volcano at the Mirage and then walked up the strip to Treasure Island where we waited 45 minutes for the 'Sirens of TI' show. Russ was complaining about the long wait as you have to get there that early to get an alright spot but he stopped complaining when the show started and out walks these girls in barely there outfits 😊 The show went for about 20 minutes and was enjoyable.

Russ dropped me back at the room not long after that and he went to the Stratosphere to try his hand at poker. He did really well and managed to make the finals table. He ended up coming 10th out of 40, only 4 spots short of the money.

We checked out of our room at noon on Monday and have made our way back to Upland. I miss Vegas already, though, I have chapped lips to remind me of the trip. We are hoping to get a hold of the man whose RV we looked at last week but he hasn't answered his phone. We're just going to keep trying though, we may go and look at one at San Diego later on this afternoon if he doesn't answer soon.

(From 'Our Vegas Trip' email sent 19/9/06)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb