Down Day in a Las Vegas Burb


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Henderson
October 16th 2012
Published: October 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today turns out to be a day of rest. We tryed to make reservations inside the Grand Canyon beginning today but they only had availability starting tomorrow the 17th. We made reservations at the Yavapai Lodge for four(4) nights beginning on the 17th. We chose to stay put at the Hampton Inn in Henderson. You always know what you're going to get at a Hampton Inn but this one had a little extra - a lady named Teresa who prepares the breakfast. Aside from being a lovely person with a wonderful smile, she makes a really nice breakfast to start your day. Henderson is a nice little surburb of Las Vegas with plenty of shopping, dining and, of course, casinos. Casinos not being our cup of tea, we decide on the movie Seven Phycopaths, for a little escapism. It's a black comedy with Christopher Walken, Woody Harrellson, Colin Farrell and Sam Rockwell. I thought it was pretty good but Sweetie really enjoyed it. Best line for me was Billy (Rockwell) describing Hans (Christopher Walken) as an old fashioned Christian "not like those Fox News fucks". Sweetie has too many favorite lines but one is when a gangster asks Hans to put his hands up and he says "No" and the gangster wants to know why and Hans replies, "I don't feel like it". Seems nuts, I know, but Walken is so droll, it works. Keep in mind that the movie has a sub-plot of a Shih Tzu being dognapped...

Afterward, we do a little shopping at Target to reload and head back to Hotel for some sunshine by the pool. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention its 90 decrees outside (feels good)??? After a couple of strong drinks by the pool, we settle in for the evening. I pick up dinner at Great Greek near the hotel. We both ordered greek salads with beef/lamb gyro meat. Good choices - we needed some salad. We also split an appetizer of Dolmades, grape leaves stuffed with minced lamb and rice. Very tasty!

Tomorrow is a travel day with a stop at Hoover Dam, as we continue our journey to see that big split in the earth, known as the Grand Canyon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb