We Arrived At Great Basin


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We were anxious to see Great Basin National Park, and we were looking forward to doing a little hiking and relaxing.

There were only 3 camping sites left at the lower campground, 2 of them pull thru. We grabbed one and the other 2 were gone quickly. There are only 12 or so in the lower campground. There is an upper campground but we found that we liked the lower better.

Our campsite had lots of shrubs, tall grass and small trees so we had lots of privacy in the camping area. A strip on the side by the road had the same, and the pull thru was long so that we were separated from other campers on both sides.

The campsite was perfect for kids to play. A small area of dirt was perfect for the 4-year-old to sit and work with his trucks, the larger shrub area great for all 3 to play “Walkie Talkie Hide & Seek”. Don’t ask how this works but it somehow does. We only heard all 3 kids talking to each other and saw them when they’d come running thru the campsite.



We’d had a long drive and had been on the road for a week, so it was a good chance to set up the RV, do a little cleaning, put things away and just relax.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.484s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb