Helloooooo From Nebraska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Grand Island
August 29th 2009
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a pretty good travel day and got ourselves into Grand Island Nebraska before I started hitting the rumble wakeup strips.... True road trip, Mel made us up some sandwhich's and we just motored away the miles, she kept me on track with paper maps (see "Notes" below...ugh) and fed tid bits on the states we are in.

We got to see the Mississippi.... Yeap Kids Thats the Mississippi, The Mighty Miss - Ol'Man River..... (for you Lampoon lovers). Illionois was very Indiana but we really loved the rolling farm land of Iowa... hit the Norman Rockwell Romance button on my love for this country. So that was our inspiration for our first sunset picture but it turned out more set then sun.

The car has been a GREAT tow vehicle, really happy it is handling this so far..... We will see if she complains when we visit the Rockies. And the KZ-Gal has been riding comfortably yet bouncy right behind us the whole way, hell she hasn't even tried to pass us. The only thing missing for the stereo typical Cross Country Road Trip would be Misty in the back seat "Are We There Yet / NO... Are We There Yet / NO.... Are We There Ye.... GO TO SLEEP"

Notes made on the back of a Rodeway Inn napkin....
12 hrs into our journey and we have learned a few things.
Mel & I travel really well together (Hmmm will we be thinking the same thing in 10 more days.... HAH)
GARMINS LIE! well maybe not bold face, but I did learn to not take it for face value halfway through Illinois (only a short 25 min detour). MAN do we have alot of farm land in Illinois & Iowa.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



29th August 2009

nice.......
Nice Clark .......... Real Nice...........
29th August 2009

Hellooo from TN
Glad to hear the trip has been good so far. We watched the "world's fastest indian" last night with the Deveaus, Roberts and Richs last night. It was a 2 1/4 hour movie that lasted about 3 plus hours with the bathroom, drink refresher and popcorn breaks. We got the point... Hope you have a smooth day on the road. Keep us posted. BE SAFE and ENJOY the experience. Say hey to your co-pilot/navigator. Fred
29th August 2009

Thanks for the updates.
It is fun to follow you across this country of ours! Take care! Love you, Mom
29th August 2009

journal
Love the journal and sharing your experience as you go. Keep it coming. Very cool,
1st September 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA, SEPT. 1ST, from mom dad bobby ash raina isaac............................MOLLY AND CAT Most people dont live much past 80, you r approaching that half way point, and I think u have done very well on your travel and learned other things in life from it... u go girl... love dad and all of us ............................

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb