Day 21 - Cheyenne, WY to Doniphan, NE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Doniphan
July 11th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning the wind has calmed which was good since we had to take down the camper without it turning into a sail. We headed out about 8 am. Had planned on stopping for breakfast right off but the town of Pine Bluff didn't have anything. We stretched the gas before our first stop until the reserve light came on. NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN especially in the middle of Nebraska! We finally found a McD and a gas station in Sidney, NE. They even had a Wal-mart. The best part was they are the headquarters for Cabela the sport outfitters. Had to check that out. They had this huge display with stuffed animals like none I've ever seen even in a museum. They also had huge fresh water fish tanks with the kind of fish you want to catch like large mouth bass, rainbow trout, catfish, bream, crappie, you name it.

We messed around there for a hour and bought a few camping things then picked up ice and water at Wal-mart. Since we left late today and messed around in Cabela's, we didn't get to our campsite at the Grand Island KOA until 6PM. We also went through another time zone. Our campsite is almost in a corn field! Can you say "Children of the Corn". Spooky. I hope nothing comes out of there tonight. The other weird thing is this place is infested with tiny flies that just light on you. You don't feel them, you just see them. I was wiping Cutter all over to ward them off. Yuck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb