Day 22 - Doniphan, NE to Oak Grove, MO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Oak Grove
July 12th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to rain this morning which meant packing up the camper and everything in the rain. Yuck! We've had such good weather, why does it have to get crappy the closer we get to home. We managed to get everything packed with minimal wetness. Fortunately, this KOA serves breakfast so we put on all our rain gear and walked to breakfast. We were finally underway at 9AM.

No photos today. It rained most of the way to Oak Grove. Needless to say, we're not camping tonight. Checked into a local Days Inn. We went to the truck stop next door to eat dinner but it was closed for repairs. Ended up eatinig Popeye's chicken. Too worn out to hunt around town for anything else.

I forgot to mention that we found out how to slide through an intersection. George tried to stop at a yellow light and the brakes locked and the trailer pushed us through the intersection. We started to swerve and George took his foot off the brakes. Not the kind of excitement I look forward too.

Looks like we may have another rainy day tomorrow. They say 40 to 50 percent. I wish it would hold off until we get home on Wednesday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb