Easiest day yet or Great Recovery Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
July 23rd 2018
Published: July 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was the second day of our easy schedule to arrive in Missoula on the 30th.

Pat and I rode downhill, with no winds, 26 miles to Cameron, where Jane had the Trailer set up.

Once we arrived, we decided to go another 6 miles off route to see the Madison River.

This area is famous for its Fly Fishing and we thought it would be fun to see some action.

I decided to drop my Panniers at the trailer, but Pat is so hard core, he kept them on and rode the entire 12 mile round trip with his attached.

I finally was able to keep up with him!

It turns out we rode a gravel road 3 miles to the river.

On the way, however, we saw a lot of Pronghorn Antelope so it was fun.

Once at the river, we watched some fly fishing for a few minutes and then reversed course back to our campsite in Cameron.

Cameron consists of an RV Park, cabins and a restaurant which is closed today.

But that is OK because, once again, I was invited to share a wonderful dinner with Jane and Pat!

I must say, I am eating better right now than at any time in the last two months.

It is really a treat being able to share the next several days with Pat and Jane.

Once again we have a fairly short day with a significant climb to Historic Virginia City.

We heard that it is a fun place to visit so I am looking forward to it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement




Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 34; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb