Wild West Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
July 10th 2018
Published: July 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Glacier! We took a boat from Rising Sun on Lake St. Mary to near Baring Falls and hiked to St. Mary Falls and Virginia Falls. Lake St. Mary was very calm, which is unusual. We saw an orphan cinnamon colored black bear and bald eagle on the way. How to explain the beauty of Glacier? The mountains are beautiful - some rocky, some green and there are glaciers (or snow pack, we can't tell the difference) here and there. The water in the lake and some streams are an aqua blue from the glacier melt. The melt contains minerals that reflect the sunlight and it appears aqua. St. Mary Falls was aqua. After, we hiked to a shuttle stop and rode back to campground. Visited St. Mary Visitor Center and kids and Rick got sworn in as Junior Rangers. We weren't able to get sworn in at Teddy Roosevelt because we didn't have time. After this we drove to Many Glacier and ate dinner at a picnic area then spent a while in Many Glacier lodge and read for a bit. Many Glacier is one of three lodges in the park. It was built to look like a Swiss Chalet and the men wear lederhosen!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb