mmmmmmm my missoula


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Missoula
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Blog from Rachel:
We got up early and left Glacier for our 7 hour drive to Yellowstone. We broke up the trip by stopping in the city of Missoula to visit the University of Montana, home of the fighting grizzlie bears…the 1995 and 2001 division 1-AA champions in football. We all got Montana Griz sweatshirts…… except for dad!!!!!! He regrets his decision greatly. It’s a very nice campus except for the fact that it is haunted. I bought a book about Montana ghost stories and many of them take place on the University of Montana campus. There are many rooms and hallways that have unexplained things going on there at night. So that’s where Emma will be going to college. And I will be going to Wisconsin. Very, VERY far away. Debbie and Jess know what happens when I hear stories about ghosts: ).

We are at our campsite now. There we had our fist campfire and roasted marshmallows. We could see millions of stars. We think we found the north star too. The campground is very nice and is right in the town of Gardiner. Gardiner is like an old west town with cute shops, rafting companies, etc. And it is only a half mile from the north entrance to Yellowstone. We can’t wait to go in to Yellowstone tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



25th July 2008

Yellowstone Inn
Grandma and I stayed at the Yellowstone Inn a couple of years ago. You will be amazed how the Inn was built and how very large the fire place is, you can walk inside. Yellowstone will be another of your favorite places you will wish to see again. Nice story Rachel.
25th July 2008

End of Glacier
Great blog, Rachel. I agree with you - stay away from the haunted university. Love all the pictures and stories and am so glad you're having a great time. We are anxious to see and hear all about Yellowstone
25th July 2008

Ghosts
Hey Rach! I love ya to death, but I am so not going back to college so you can sleep in my bed w/ Jess when you guys get scared from the ghosts! Pick something closere to home- with no ghosts!! Glad you all are having a good time! Keep up the pics- they are great!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb