Day 6 of 21- 1 Cor 10:25-26 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience' sake; for "the earth is the LORD's, and all its fullness."


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left Missoula this morning at 9:20 and headed North on I93. Again, beautiful timber country! We were especially impressed with the town of Polson on the south end of Flathead Lake. We think we will come back to Polson some day soon and check out this area. One of the chiefs from San Marcos Fire retired there and we can see why. The whole Flathead Lake area is beautiful and we would love to visit again.

We continued north to Kalispell then onto Hwy 2 which led us to our campground in Columbia Falls (Columbia Falls RV Park). The campground is clean and nice, but the campsites are super close to each other, kind of a bummer since we'll be here for 4 nights but hopefully we'll be so busy doing all the fun outdoors stuff we won't even be at the trailer but to eat, shower & sleep.

Once we settled in and stretched a bit we headed to the park entrance at West Glacier and to the visitor center at Apgar where Jeff got the scoop on the best lakes to kayak on and the best trails for us to hike on. Then we walked down to Lake McDonald and got our first glimpse of the amazing glaciers! The lake is crystal clear and the glaciers are so cool. We cant wait until tomorrow to really get deep into the park and explore. We then did a little shopping and took a short drive up the North Fork of the Flathead River then looped back around directly to Columbia Falls. We went to the grocery store as we were out of milk & coffee creamer & bread.

Then we went to this awesome meat market right next door to our campground called "Perfect Cuts Meat". Oh my goodness, I never saw the variety of jerky, sausage, roasts, steaks! They had Elk, Buffalo, custom smoked meats, spices, sauces...everything looked so delicious. We picked out two New York steaks and two Petite Cut steaks...the meat is such a perfect pink! We are planning on grilling it Saturday night!

We didn't grill it tonight as it was "Friday" night and the boys are making their Friday night dinners for us again this summer and Rex had already chosen to make chili. He did a pretty good job and the chili was wonderful. Early to bed tonight as we've got a full day planned for tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb