Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2021
Edit Blog Post


Visitors right outside our cabin as we were packing to leave
Sunday was a driving day to get from Gardiner to Glacier. Our goal was to make a couple stops for supplies and enjoy the sights along the way.

We’ve all decided that while our pictures are good they just don’t really capture the scenery as we see it. We’re each so grateful that we are able to make this trip and see it all in person!!

As we’re driving along we have lots of discussions and solve all the world’s problems. Top of the list is Covid and what we can do to avoid becoming infected. In the beginning, we were the only people wearing masks but as we’ve traveled west and north many more are masking up. It is required in all National parks buildings.

When we arrived at our cottage for the night if was a fiasco. The hotel/ cottages was booked on Orbitz and also approved by AAA. When I plan trips, I spend hours researching, looking for the best options. I study, read, look at the pictures (which can be deceiving), and make my decision.

This year has been difficult to find accommodations at the National Parks. While we are traveling after many

Beautiful USA
schools have started back, there are many that don’t start till Labor Day or right before. Many, many people are traveling since Covid restrictions had been lifted (probably will see them tighten up again).

So I found this place. Pictures were good. It was a cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and full kitchen. But when we pulled up it was another story. The lobby was closed due to Covid. There were envelopes taped on the door with instructions. We found our cottage and there was a car parked there with women at the door. They told us they were locked out, the cottage hadn’t been cleaned, and they didn’t have the key. They asked us to go back to the lobby till they figured out what was going on.

Now it was 5:00 pm. We were tired and ready to unload for the night. Finally a man came out and said they found the key and the room was clean. Now I’m not a hotel snob but with the Covid going on and the uncertainty about whether or not our room was clean, I decided to move on. I found a hotel room at the Glacier Peaks

Just driving along enjoying the scenery
Hotel which was a very nice hotel. After several phone calls to the manager and Orbitz I am hopeful my money will be refunded. We were fortunate to find a place!

After dinner at the hotel it was off to bed for these weary travelers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Lone building


Missouri River


Loved the red gate….fields go on for as far as you can see


Beautiful USA


Beautiful USA


Loved this rock wall that just popped up by the highway


Browning, MT


Bison in Browning


Tot: 0.515s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb