Closer Day by Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
June 6th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Polyurethane Begins...Polyurethane Begins...Polyurethane Begins...

Bryan at the back of the hall starting to put down the polyurethane. This is after we've stained, sanded off stain and sanded two more times for smootness.
The title says it all. We're getting closer, day by day. Each day we put in a couple more hours, and each day that's one step closer to moving in. You can see all the things that are coming together. Now all the cabinets are in and we're waiting for the countertops to be delivered so we can install them. Once they're in, we're rolling! The plumbers will come back in and put in the faucets and sinks, etc. and hook up the water and we'll be able to get rid of the "Potty Princess" port-o-let!

So, now we're painting ceilings. We've got one more coat on downstairs and it'll be done. Then we can clean the floor and bring the finish concrete guys back in to finish the concrete. And then it will be ready for move in!

Upstairs we just have the bathrooms and 2 bedrooms to paint the ceilings on. We'll be working on that this weekend. And hopefully finishing it!! But it seems every day a new curve ball is thrown at us... all we can do it catch them and field them.

Hope you enjoy the pictures! More soon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Floor Close UpFloor Close Up
Floor Close Up

this is a closeup of one plank of our flooring...
Mopping on PolyurethaneMopping on Polyurethane
Mopping on Polyurethane

This is how you apply the polyurethane to the floor. I brushed it on around the edges of the room and under the heating registers. Bryan would follow behind and mop the poly on.
Bye Magic Spell...hello IndigoBye Magic Spell...hello Indigo
Bye Magic Spell...hello Indigo

Bryan painting over the 'magic spell' with 'indigo'. The first was too purple. This is the office and it took a while to find the right shade of blue. But it looks great! And the laundry room is now 'magic spell'.
Unwrapping the cabinetsUnwrapping the cabinets
Unwrapping the cabinets

It was like Christmas...we unwrapped our cabinets that Friday and Saturday the guy came and installed the ones in the kitchen...they look abs fab!
putting down the hardibackerputting down the hardibacker
putting down the hardibacker

Bryan putting down the hardibacker (concreteboard) that will hold the tile in the bathroom.
A break in the stormA break in the storm
A break in the storm

A beautiful view of a break in the storm. It rained all weekend (memorial weekend) but it's making everything green!
Bathroom cabsBathroom cabs
Bathroom cabs

Bathroom cabinets, in place but weren't screwed in yet. They look good though...
Prep for fans...Prep for fans...
Prep for fans...

Cali painting the boxes for the ceiling fans so they won't be so obvious.
Front door....Front door....
Front door....

While it still needs painted...it's a little more 'finished' with lights and a DOORBELL...that works! :) yippee
LightsLights
Lights

Some lights are in. This has the ceiling fan, the bar pendants and the chandelier in it. I was like a kid at Disneyworld walking in seeing all the lights up...it's just that much closer...
Master Ceiling FanMaster Ceiling Fan
Master Ceiling Fan

This is our master ceiling fan...it's so pretty. I can't wait to be sleeping under it with the window open, breeze blowing and crickets chirping.


8th June 2006

wo
Hey Cali! Your house looks awesome. Hey, when you get done, would you mind coming over to my house and help me do some remodeling? You seem to have some good ideas ;o) Im teasing. I hope you get finished soon, so you can relax, have a glass of red, and enjoy the beautiful view in the comfort of your new home. ahhhhhh. Talk to ya soon ! Christina
9th June 2006

COLOR!!!
Cal- as a fellow 'color' girl... I love the ones you have picked out!! They are really nice and fun, but still warm. Well done. I really can't wait to see it. Maybe when we are ready to build we will have Bryan do it... I am impressed!
9th June 2006

At the finish work stage
Looks like you are at the real tedious detail finish work stage; be patient the trim is what really shows. Walls can be perfectly square the floors can be super flat but if the trim parts don’t fit… I did wonder about some of the wall colors but now that I see more of the pieces going together it really makes sense and looks great to; good visualizing. Like the color change in the office, blue is really hard to work with; hard to find the right accent colors match and/or compliment. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun doing this together. It’s a real test(ament) of your relationship too.
9th June 2006

Looking good!!!
Anxious to see the finished project. You guys (y'all) are awesome!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb