Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
August 28th 2019
Published: September 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today was another driving day as we were supposed to get to Bozeman, Montana to spend the night before heading down through Yellowstone National Park. So we left Whitewood and drove through the rest of South Dakota, through part of Wyoming, and through Montana. Again it was so interesting to see the changes in each state and realize what crops they grew and how much irrigation was necessary. These are big time farmers out here and they have huge operations. I just can't imagine the amount of work going into their farms and the number of people it takes to get the job done.

We stopped at Little Big Horn Battlefield and Cemetery. It preserves the site of the June 25 and 26, 1876, Battle of the Little Bighorn, near Crow Agency, Montana, in the United States. It also serves as a memorial to those who fought in the battle: George Armstrong Custer's 7th Cavalry and a combined Lakota-Northern Cheyenne and Arapaho force. The cemetery is the final resting place of those that fought in this battle as well as other battles nearby. There was another beware of rattlesnakes sign, so I kept looking!!

Stopped at Billings to eat and make another Cabelas visit, then on to Bozeman Where we stayed at a Ramada Inn. We made a trip to Walmart for a few things until we got closer to Idaho.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Little Big HornLittle Big Horn
Little Big Horn

Look closely at the Metal Sculpture


Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb