Light My Candlewycke Inn Bigfork, Montana


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bigfork
October 20th 2010
Saved: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful Candlewycke InnBeautiful Candlewycke InnBeautiful Candlewycke Inn

A slice of heaven in Bigfork, Montana
Far away from home, but armed with a trusty travel guide, I found the ideal slice of Montana in Bigfork, Montana. The ultra cozy, and super friendly confines of the Candlewycke Inn would serve as our abode for two nights here in northwest Montana. Located just outside of town, along a country lane, the Candlewycke is easily found by following the large red candles on the side of the road.

Just as our hostess, Megan had promised, our name and "Glacier Suite" were posted on the board outside the front door. As we herded our goods into the spacious room, we heard the mellifluous voice of none other than the Innkeeper extraordinaire, Megan Ward. We would talk later.

We were just so happy to find the large but cozy room, complete with jacuzzi tub, sitting area, work desk/dining table, microwave, and refrigerator. But the best was yet to come. Outside the back deck were several deer grazing in her large ten-acre back yard! Some even had names, but we did not dare venture close to them.

Turns out Megan was and still is, quite a business lady in her previous careers. It has translated to a successful Bed
The Great RoomThe Great RoomThe Great Room

Candlewyckes's inviting Great Room, with fireplace, flat screen, wireless, paperback exchange, and the worldly Megan
and Breakfast as well as numerous other ventures to be revealed.

Not only is she a gourmet cook, she knows the town's eateries quite well. Her breakfasts are superb, and dinner is available upon 24 hour notice. Her menu looks like it belongs at Chez Panisse! We went into Bigfork for a quiet French dinner at La Provence, where she knows the owner quite well. The next night, we were joined by her husband Steve, and had an outstanding dinner at the Showtime Restaurant, located next door to their local theater.

But perhaps most interesting, is Megan herself. She has traveled the world, lived life fully and with gusto. She has some fabulous stories to share. She has experienced some once in a lifetime events that would enthrall even a world traveler like myself. In other words, I met my match! In fact, I think she has surpassed my adventures exponentially.

Any trip to Glacier National Park, Whitefish, Kalispell, and Bigfork areas must include a stop here. This is perhaps the true definition of the great American Bed and Breakfast Inn. I will go back, not only to stay in warm and comfortable lodging, but to gain
Is It Bambi?Is It Bambi?Is It Bambi?

They love the Candlewycke's ten acre spread, free from hunters!!!!
more insights from life expert, and tutor of the humane, Megan Ward.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

The famous Megan, and her star pupilThe famous Megan, and her star pupil
The famous Megan, and her star pupil

What a glorious day here at the Candlewycke!!!


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 35; qc: 166; dbt: 0.2417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb