FIRST DAY ON THE ROAD - LINCOLN TRAIL PARK OR BUST


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri
October 8th 2009
Published: October 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sign on I70Sign on I70Sign on I70

Reason for Detour
Our day started out with the sun shining, the birds singing and no traffic tie ups ----- Whoa wait.... that was all a dream I had the night before we left on our trip.

The real story... we left on our trip in the dark and the rain was pouring down.

Joe needed help getting the RV out of the our driveway, so I volunteered to help. I needed my raincoat and cell phone. I couldn’t find my raincoat in the RV, so I ran back into the house to get it. Running back into the house, I ran out of my shoe and into a big puddle of water — crap. Okay, raincoat on and cell in hand, out I go to navigate Joe out of the driveway. I remembered when we were getting on the turnpike that I hadn’t closed the garage door — DANG IT.

We were feeling good about getting out of town even though the weather was bad. We were making some good time despite the rain, but we soon found out that would end real fast. We came to a complete stop on I-70. We were routed around the Interstate and got
First Mile MarkerFirst Mile MarkerFirst Mile Marker

Mile marker getting off I-70
back on an hour later.

Then there was the folks with Iowa car tags that passed us and then slowed down?? We must have something wrong, so we waited from them to signal to us. All they wanted was a picture — of what? They got behind us and then passed us again waiving “thank you.” Hummm.... Joe thought they wanted a picture of the mural. I think they wanted a picture of the “mighty fine” truck we were towing. We will never know who was right.

Our windshield wipers became a great source of entertainment during the drive. On the delay setting, they would never stop in the same place twice. We thought it was odd and funny.

We did arrive at Lincoln State Park in Marshall, IL. Yes.... I did a good job of navigating Joe out of the driveway. I called my daughter to close the garage door. Oh BTW...my raincoat was in the RV all the time.

Entertainment for the day - Watching the wipers.

Question of the day - What is the reason for not putting a wiper blade on the RV back camera monitor?

Second Mile MarkerSecond Mile MarkerSecond Mile Marker

Mile marker getting back on I-70















Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mural on our RVMural on our RV
Mural on our RV

Back of our RV
Lincoln Trail State ParkLincoln Trail State Park
Lincoln Trail State Park

Where we stayed the first night
WormsWorms
Worms

Worms on the road


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb