RAIN, RAIN (TA-DAH!!) MORE RAIN (10-9)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana
October 9th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ELEPHANT FOOTSTOOLELEPHANT FOOTSTOOLELEPHANT FOOTSTOOL

Bonnies assistant to keeping the wipers going!

LOST MY PICTURES FOR THIS DAY.... STILL TRYING TO RECOVER THEM!!



Over night while listening to the rain on the roof of the RV, I decided that our RV needed a name. I decided “The Ark” would be a good name. All it has done is rain since we left ---- thus the name.

BEWARE of entertainment - there is a price to pay for it.

IMHO ---- Indiana has the worst highways for traveling. I spent most of the day running around the RV closing doors and picking up fallen and dangling objects. I wanted to organize my pictures from the last few days, so I tried to work on the computer only to bounce around so much I locked up my keyboard. All it would type were squares....%!$(MISSING)#&... The State of Indiana should pay us for the pain and suffering of driving on their highways.

FYI: The dozen eggs that were in the refrigerator all cracked. Thats how bad it was on the Indiana highway.



Leaving the campground, we found out that our previous day entertainment had turned bad for us. The wipers quit completely. Joe spent almost an hour trying to see if he could fix them, but had no luck

The decision was to head into a bigger town to get the parts to fix the wipers so on to — Terra Haute (nope), maybe Indianapolis (nope), okay then for sure Columbus (no not that one either). Joe had decided he would fix the wipers when we got to Maine!! Besides Joe had figured out a work around. I would step up on the elephant footstool, put my glove on and pull on a rod that would release the wipers for a swipe across the windshield. Yes... the fix worked and I got the bonus of step exercise while trying to maintain my balance. Yippee...

We did decide that there was a positive side to all of the rain. In construction zones on the highways, some states have you slow down only if the lights are flashing (like a school zone). When it rains, no work gets done, so the lights are not flashing. Thus we got to drive the speed limit to our next night of camping in Ashland, OH - The self-proclaimed “WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF NICE PEOPLE.” We later found out this was the last weekend the campground would be open. They were closing down for the season.

Entertainment for the day - Making the wipers work.

Question of the day - How many raindrops does it take to make a gallon of water?







Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb