to be continued- Illinois


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
September 10th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

JOhnny had told some of his friends that we were coming down so we had a place to crash.. it was all fun, best dumpster dive town ever... mountains of fresh packaged scores. Yet nooo work what so ever- this was bad. So after three days in carbondale we decided to pack up and start hitching north for St. Louis. After three hours of walking we got picked up by a dad and his daughter.. we hoped in the truck and they took us a good 20 miles, after walking for another two hours a cop stops us and runs a routine.. decides he likes us and gives us a ride to the town limits. We found a church and passed out in the back, next morning we discover we are in the small town of pinkneyville... strange little town, felt like I was living in 1950's. Some people were scared of us and some were intrigued... we were strangers and strangers never come around pinkneyville. A cop and his wife sitting on thier front porch stop us and talk to us for like an hour... the cop used to be in the army... retired he was sent to work as a police officer in the most peacefull town in existance... he throws us a box full of army portions he had left over- cool.. we keep walking through... a car full of teenage girls see us and throw us 50 bucks- cool- we make our way to the closest highway and fly a sighn. Just as the sun is setting and our hopes are droping another dude in a truck pickes us and takes us 60 miles up the road. We're so close we can smell the beer factorys. He dropes us off about 10 miles from the next decent town... we are tired but decide to keep going any way. Its night and we walk out of the small little town dude lived, into farm land. For miles the only light we can see is a pin prick in the distance, but the air was fresh and the night was warm so on we tredged. When we finally arrived at the pin prick light it was a street light for an abandoned farm- we stop and enjoy the security of the light for an hour, eat , piss( never piss in the long grass-- ticks) and rest. After about a another hour of walking we find our selves at a truck stop with a direct western road to st. louis. By this time we were so tired that we just laid out our sleeping bags in the ditch by the road- hoping for an unseen night of sleep. After sleeping for about 20 minutes flashes of light wake me, a raging lightning storm is right over us. I wake up John and we head into the trucker diner... chicks in trucker diners are realy cool to travelers and they tend to hook em up with free coffee and food which was the case this evening. After the storm passed we slept the night through out side , woke up, bought some coffee and drew up a sign to saint louis. We hadnt even finished our coffee when a buissnes man heade to st. louis pickes us up. the whole trip he lectures us about finding jobs.. we didnt bother to tell him that that was why we were on are way to st. louis.
With much relief we hoped out of duders car right across the street from the arch. Ahh the arch the one thing your always bound to see while traveling the U.S.A. Im not gonna get into too much detail about our two week stay in st. louis, but Ill give you the jips- DO not go north- do not go east if you are white or anything not black- this to0wn is seriously dangerous to extents not even our racest asses in akron could fathom. Old st. louis is awsome, there are a couple of work hostels in that area and some damn good food kitchens- and last but not least it is almost imposible to hitch east out of that town... lots of truckers get robbed- desperate people pretending to be hitch hikers and stealing trucks and shit.
tooo be continued........


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb