Branson, Missouri ...Seein' shows in the Show Me State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Springfield
July 16th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here we are up in the Missouri Ozarks seeing shows in the SHOW ME STATE.
We stayed in Poplar Bluff after leaving Kentucky a few days ago and then we arrived in Branson day before yesterday. We wound through Tennessee, Kentucky again and finally Illinois before crossing the Mississippi and into Missouri day before yesterday.

Our first show here was the Liverpool Legends show which is of course a Beatles show and was actually superb and I'm not even a Beatles fan. George Harrison's sister was a guest and it was very cool while she told the audience stories and answered questions.

The next day (yesterday) we saw the big Broadway show for a matinee. It was great. Then last night we saw Branson's oldest show of 50 years, The Baldknobbers, which had relatives of the originals all performing.

Today we went to the Butterfly Palace and Rainforest and tonight we saw Cathy Rigby star as Peter Pan. The show was absolutely fantastic!

Last night we had a huge thunderstorm with tons of lightning and tonight it's coming in again! It's been 80's and humid during the day.

It's absolutely amazing how MUCH more than 90% of folks here are 200+ pounds ---usually about 300+ and chain smokers...very weird. A large percentage are very rude too---probably need a cigarette??? I had soomeone yelling at me last night because she thought I stole her parking place in the hotel parking lot....and tonight at the show one lady was so big that she required everyone to get up and stand in the aisle so she could even get in to her seat---very bizarre. That's just the tip of the iceburg (no pun intended).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb