Bowling Green, Kentucky


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Cave City
July 12th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dressing upDressing upDressing up

Kentucky Library and Museum
Today we toured Bowling Green by first taking the fascinating tour of the Lost River Cave where Jesse James reportedly hid out. It was a great boat tour through the cave. We loved it.

Mariah's Restaurant is in an old historic building from 1818 so we enjoyed a great lunch there---the best grilled portabella sandwich I've had in ages.

We continued on the Civil War Discovery Trail to tour the Kentucky Library and Musuem where we saw the Duncan Hines exhibit and Civil War exhibits. We then visited the Historic Railpark and Train Museum.

We cruised Fountain Square and Circus Square and the Riverview and Hobson Grove.

We finished out the day enjoying the old-fashioned 100 year-old Beech Bend Amusement Park and Splash Lagoon where we enjoyed a vintage 100 year-old wooden rollar coaster and another ride from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, and then a huge ominous storm hit suddenly with lightning, thunder, and flash floods so they evacuated the park and we went back to our hotel to swim in the indoor pool.

What a fun time and so much interesting history to see today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb