So long, screwy! See ya in St. Louie!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Saint Louis
January 12th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We safely got to St. Louis after a super long day.


Before we were even out of Pennsylvania, a rock flew up and put a nick in Chrissy's windshield. 70 between Washington and Ohio is absolutely horrible with potholes.


In Ohio, some long-tailed bird dive-bombed Stefanie's car, but she didn't even notice. It went straight for her windows, then pulled up at the last minute. She narrowly escaped a feathery mess. Apparently, we drove past horses rolling around in the snow along the way, but Stefanie was also oblivious to this and just learned about it now at the hotel.


Our accommodations at the Sheraton are awesome despite the fact that we have to use the internet in the lobby. We toured the desolate business area of the city and decided that the Arch looks much more impressive up close than when we saw it while driving. We also discovered that you can enter a "shady" area of town in a few seconds' time, but we rapidly programmed the GPS to take us back to the hotel and all was well. It's about time to head back upstairs so that Chrissy can warm her feet up by soaking them in one of our two tubs while Stefanie rearranges her overpacked suitcases.


After more touring the arch during the daytime tomorrow, we're headed off to Oklahoma City!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Beginning of Trip ABeginning of Trip A
Beginning of Trip A

Not much to see so far - 0 miles.
Chrissy's mascot, StaceyChrissy's mascot, Stacey
Chrissy's mascot, Stacey

Thanks, Gretchen! His parents like Stacey as a unisex name.
Bye, OhioBye, Ohio
Bye, Ohio

Ohio loves letting people know when they leave the state, too. And they kind of want them to feel bad about it.
Blue StarBlue Star
Blue Star

Stefanie is intrigued by the Blue Star Memorial Highway
Oh, SheratonOh, Sheraton
Oh, Sheraton

Our room is huge!
Under the ArchUnder the Arch
Under the Arch

It's freaking freezing
Chrissy's alma materChrissy's alma mater
Chrissy's alma mater

Though she's never been to this city before


12th January 2010

Missouri can suck it.
Missouri's state sign was on a bridge over the river in 500 lanes of traffic, so there was absolutely no chance of scoring a shot of that sign. I'm mad.
12th January 2010

Mascot and Ohio
Like the idea of a mascot. Need to see a better pic of Stacey. :) Also, I never feel bad about leaving Ohio. Their tactics have no effect on me. The arch at night looks great! Keep driving safely! :)
13th January 2010

I've been using the wrong link! I just tried this one(the one in your first e-mail that you said didn't work!) tonight. Should you really be taking photos while driving? Anyway, enjoyed the pictures and commentary. I miss you! Be careful and I'll check back soon! Love, Aunt Jude
13th January 2010

Whoo!
I am so glad you guys are doing this! I love seeing all of these awesome pictures. I feel like I'm there with you! Keep them coming : )
13th January 2010

blank
Stacey took them, not me. Love and miss you!
14th January 2010

I'm backwards
I read OK first because I like some excitement in my life. Sorry bout the windshield. Glad there's not a dead bird issue. Likin' the pictures!
15th January 2010

Isn't this a Bugs Bunny quote, too? I like the alma mater picture.
15th January 2010

Bugs
Yep.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb