Kansas City


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I left for Kansas City early so I can meet some cousins for lunch that I last saw a few days before Paul was born 36 years ago when I was here on a business trip. To explain the relationship, my grandmother (father’s mother) and their grandfather were 2 of 3 siblings that was able to get out of Russa and immigrate to the US. There were 13 children in all. We all shared our great—grandfather who I was named after. Interesting story I am learning about him. I forgot to take pictures of us all together. Lunch was with Diane, Mark, Jennifer, Steve and Neil.

Spent the rest of the day walking around the area of my hotel.....lots of shopping, restaurants and a nice big park.

The next morning, I visited a World War I museum. it was very well done with lots of items from the war. I believe it’s the only WWI museum in the US. There was a great view of downtown KC from the top of the museum.

Forgot to add, on my drive to Kansas City, I passed by a flock of several hundred motorcycles. It’s a ride across the United States and ending at the Vietnam War Memorial Wall In Washington DC. It was very cool to see. Lots of people were lined up with flags on the overpasses. The riders had a police escort.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb