Preparing for our 2012 Panama Canal Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Florissant
September 9th 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This is the beginning of another wonderful 2012 trip for the Garvins. We are leaving on September 25 and will post updates as regularly as possible so you can share in our adventure. Thanks to Elizabeth and Valerie for watching the house and tending the cats, so we can go on this cruise.

Once again we are beginning a tremendous trip – this time from the US West Coast to the US East Coast through the Panama Canal. We have been intending to take this particular cruise for a couple of years, but each time another opportunity came along, so the "canal trip" kept getting postponed. Now the canal is in the process of being widened to accommodate larger ships, so we want to see it this year, pretty much in it’s “original shape”. Anyway, the time has finally arrived for this highly anticipated cruise.

We are actually starting a few days early with a brief visit to the San Francisco area before we board the ship. David’s sister Janel and her family lives south of the Bay Area around Santa Cruz, and our nephew Tim lives across the Bay in Oakland with his family. We hope to see them all before we sail on Sept 28. After the cruise we plan to return promptly to St Louis to attend a good friend’s wedding, but we will pack in as much excitement as possible beforehand. Hopefully you will enjoy reading about all our activities, both before and during the cruise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb