Garvin's Caribbean Cruise - March 2012


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Florissant
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Caribbean SeaCaribbean SeaCaribbean Sea

Generally, where we are going
Welcome to this episode of “As the Garvin's World Turns”, or maybe it should be “Where in the World are Janet & David?” This is the fifth of our cruise travel blogs and once again we are going somewhere new and exciting (for us) - the Eastern Caribbean.



Planning for this trip began last summer, when we thought back about the very cold and snowy previous winter. We felt it would be a good idea to take a short winter trip somewhere warm, so we could act like traditional “snowbirds” (retirees who go to Florida or Arizona in the cold part of the year). It turns out that this winter had been much milder, but we are going ahead with the vacation anyway. This was initially supposed to be a brief “bridge trip” between our lengthy European trip in 2011 and our Panama Canal trip scheduled this coming Fall. However we “got creative” and our plan has grown to include several additional activities besides the basic cruise. As you will see once again, “vacations” for us have a habit of becoming pretty memorable events.



We will leave on March 1st. This time we are going to drive to Ft Lauderdale instead of flying. Ordinarily, several days in the car might not sound like fun, but we plan to stop along the way and visit old friends of David (Sam and Marcie Kingsbury) outside Orlando Florida. We also want to have the car to use after the cruise is over. We won’t post daily blog updates for the first few days, but will try to keep the blog updated regularly beginning March 4th. We hope you enjoy reading the descriptions of our activities as much as we enjoy having another terrific trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb