Hooray For Hollywood!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
September 5th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

King KongKing KongKing Kong

Peeping Tom?...
We're not in California as planned but we are in the Hollywood Casino/ Hotel....back in Tunica, Mississippi. It's beginning to seem like home and has become a wonderful, restful retreat for us .... away from "Prison Red Bay". We like this gorgeous hotel the best...extremely clean and comfortable PLUS they compt'd our room for both nights of our stay when Cory checked in....we don't even ask, they just do it. The delicious, bountiful buffet is 77 cents and they don't even charge us that...All FREE....it doesn't get any better. It is such a welcome and needed relief from the stress we have dealt with at "prison alley". We're whistling a Happy Tune right now....we'll return to reality tomorrow.

Our room overlooks the casino and buffet area.....we LOVE the view.....our two favorite places. Because this is the Hollywood Hotel, it has many famous movie props. I previously showed you some of them in my photos when we stayed here before. Directly outside our hotel room window, King Kong is hanging on the ledge. If I could open the window, I could put Lulu in his hand!

We drove into the city of Tunica today. It looks like a town similar
Slots & Buffet BelowSlots & Buffet BelowSlots & Buffet Below

Not your typical Sock Monkey
to Mayberry, R.F.D. We have stayed in this area so long that the "cotton is ready for' pickin' ". Lulu is in the field and ready to go but I don't think she "can pick very much cotton" --- she has no arms. Cory thought it was funny when we stopped at a McDonald's to use the bathroom. I came out first and looked for him when a very rotund, dark gal bellowed over to me: "whatcha ya all lookin' fo', Sweet Pea?" --- I said " my husband" --- she said "we al' lookin' fo one!" I guess you had to be there....

I'm not going to jinx Mr. Lucky's performance on the crap table....we have another night to go. BUT, if the crap table workers didn't look so serious and hostile (they could members of the Memphis Mafia), I would get up on that crap table and do a Happy Dance! This will be our final visit to the casinos (have I said that before?)---- or we will be signing up for Gamblers Anonymous. Cory is very good...when he is ahead, he walks away. I try to do the same on the slots but I don't seem
Picking CottonPicking CottonPicking Cotton

Lulu in "them cotton fields"
to get ahead all that often....so now I just play the Penny Slots. If we were home, we would have been in Brimfield, Massachusetts (big antique show we do) this week. We have made more $$$$ faster and easier by throwing dice (Cory). Easy to see why some choose this "fast life" instead of the real life.

Now for the big decision of the day: which hotel buffet will we select for dinner. Not being careful with these buffets like I said we needed to....the only pants that fit now are "under"! I saw a billboard ad for the "lap band" procedure....$9,999.00. Get back to that crap table, Cory, I have found my solution.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Stay in the room, LuluStay in the room, Lulu
Stay in the room, Lulu

Can you see her?


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb