Labor Day weekend on Lake Shetek


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota
September 2nd 2016
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.0714, -95.6661

We spent our Labor Day weekend at Schreier's on Shetek Campground.  They were able to fit us in last minute after a cancellation.  The campground was right next to Lake Shetek State Park. Our campsite (Site #E) had a nice window view of the lake.  The campground was very nice and well maintained!  There are 90 seasonal sites and 30 weekender sites. The campground and park are in the SW part of MN in the cornfields and prairie lands.  Just down the gravel road was an old barn that was renovated into a bar and event center.  It was very cool! They even have a band on Saturday nights outdoors.  
The campground is a great place for families and kids.  Lots to do there. Bring your boat to spend the day on the lake. They also have a playground, volleyball, horseshoes, b-ball, mini-golf, shuffle board, game room and movie night for kids.
We spent most of our time exploring the State Park and lake. We put our kayaks in the lake on the boat access near Loon Island.  You can also rent kayaks, canoes and paddle boats. On Lake Shetek we stayed near shore since it was pretty windy.  It's a very large lake with a few smaller lakes that you could portage into.  We rode our bikes on the bike trail around the park and also hiked about 5.8 miles.  Nice trails either gravel or grass in the prairie. Lots of history in the park also. We were pretty exhausted by evening from all the activities.  


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lake Shetek State Park Lake Shetek State Park
Lake Shetek State Park

Took this photo just behind the Information Office
Schreier's on Shetek CampgroundSchreier's on Shetek Campground
Schreier's on Shetek Campground

mini golf , shuffle board, basketball, movie room, game room, coffee and laundry
Breezy Barn bar and event centerBreezy Barn bar and event center
Breezy Barn bar and event center

Bands play Saturday nights and events/weddings held here. Very cool place!!


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb