Day 6: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, 'Tonka Times...


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 6: Latitude 44.91, Longitude -93.63. Finally, some seasonable weather 81 degrees and sunny. Perfect for what my friend, Brad Etherington, had in store for us. It was great to catch up after about six years.

First Tracey, Luc, Alec and I want to thank Brad for his unparalleled hospitality. We met Brad down at the dock and our evening adventure began. Brad had prepared a smorgasbord of appetizers and beers and some much needed fresh vegetables we were lacking. (Why is it so hard to find healthy food while you are on the road?) His mom's homemade pumpkin butter and rhubarb relish were out of this world. Brad shuttled us on a tour of Lake Minnetonka that was described in detail that brought the history to life of the old amusement parks and grand hotels that once decorated the lake area.

Then we did some tubing off the back of the boat. The water was clean clear and warm; perfect for some epic wipeouts by Luc, Brad and me. After some fun we docked at this oasis within the lake, Lord Fletcher's Old Lake Lodge: Several beach volleyball courts, live band belting out music, and a diverse crowd. We ate as the sun set and the night flew by. The peaceful moonlight ride capped off the night as Brad delivered us back to the dock in Excelsior.

Thank you Brad for sharing this amazing Minnesotan paradise with us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb