Milestones


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Osseo
July 2nd 2015
Published: July 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 6: Latitude 44.57, Longitude -91.20. Today our odometer started out at just over 1000 miles, by the end of the day it surpassed 1500 miles. Tracey did let me drive 8 miles today. Also, we crossed the Mississippi River.

But before all that happened we needed to pass through Wisconsin. We stopped briefly off the highway at a Cheese Shop for a snack. Later, for lunch we pull up at Moe's-Almost World Famous-Diner. This was the classic streamline highway diner you read about in books and see in movies from the jukebox playing "American Graffiti" music, to the milk shakes, right down to the perm on our waitress.

When we pulled up to Moe's we met a Dune Buggy convoy heading back to California from an auto rally in Buffalo. They were heading out as we were puling in so I didn't get too many pictures of them. They sparkled in the sunlight, open tops, surfboards atop another. The bright yellow one reminded me of the day my dad brought one home to our apartment on Goss Street. It was only at the house less than an hour but recall clearly the feeling of carefree adventure that it had evoked.

Somewhere in the five hundred miles we logged today occurred our first--we have been in the close proximity of each other too long moment. This one was parents vs. kids. No surprise, parents win.

As we left Wisconsin and entered the Twin Cities area we also The Mighty Mississippi River; I would like to think Samuel Clemens would be mildly amused by our journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



3rd July 2015

Update: Missing text in middle paragraph.
The middle paragraph at the diner is missing text. Here is the remainder that got cut off. When we pulled up to Moe's we met a Dune Buggy convoy heading back to California from an auto rally in Buffalo. They were heading out as we were puling in so I didn't get too many pictures of them. They sparkled in the sunlight, open tops, surfboards atop another. The bright yellow one reminded me of the day my Bad brought one home to our apartment on Goss Street. I was only four or five years old and the dune buggy was only at the house less than an hour but I recall clearly the feeling of carefree adventure that it had evoked.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb