LEGO store and Mall of America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Bloomington
April 18th 2015
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Oliver loves LEGO. He builds nearly all day, every day, and he's gotten really good. He does chores sometimes to earn money, and he saves up for sets. He's only 5.5, but he can build LEGO sets himself now--even big sets! We didn't tell him about the giant LEGO store in the Mall of America until we arrived. He was thrilled! And when he found out his Grandma and Grandpa would let him pick out a LEGO set, he asked if he could get Emmet's Construct-o-Mech. He looked at every set in the whole store, but he knew what he wanted! Jo was happy to pick out a Frozen LEGO set (Elsa's sparkling ice castle). She builds little things out of LEGO blocks, too, but obviously she can't do LEGO sets on her own yet.

After the LEGO store, we went to the theme park area in the mall. Seriously, the Mall of America is huge! We got a wrist band so the kids could ride a few rides. We went to the train and found out at the last minute that adults can't ride in it. We put Jo in the train with Oliver, and she freaked out when
"The Snowman""The Snowman""The Snowman"

Jo called the Storm Trooper a snowman. She was very excited to see the snowman. Don't worry; Oliver has since taught her all the proper Star Wars terms.
she realized she was on it without us. She started screaming! It was sad but also a little funny. When she realized it was going in a circle, and she could see us every few minutes, she settled down and enjoyed the ride. Afterwards, Andrew rode on a Blues Clues ride with her, and Oliver rode on his own. They were able to make the flying dogs move up and down. Oliver was eager to get back to our hotel to build his new set, so we headed back before too long.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Oliver's new LEGO setOliver's new LEGO set
Oliver's new LEGO set

Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
Andrew and Jo on the Blues Clues ride.Andrew and Jo on the Blues Clues ride.
Andrew and Jo on the Blues Clues ride.

We don't have cable, so the kids didn't have much of a clue about who the different Nickelodeon characters were in the Mall of America theme park, but they had fun anyway!
Blues Clues RideBlues Clues Ride
Blues Clues Ride

Oliver could make his dog go up and down.


Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 17; qc: 85; dbt: 0.2473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb