First Entry..2 weeks until takeoff!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Baudette
March 11th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I'm not sure if I am doing this right ...so I put the location in above as where we are now. Anyhoo, my wife, Jodi, and I will be taking off the 28th of March for Kampala, Uganda, Africa. Jodi has been to Uganda 4 times now and this is my first journey. God has been leading us to this point and we are both very excited about going. Our church home, First Lutheran Church in Baudette and the other 2 church's in Baudette Lutheran Parish, Clementson Lutheran, and Wabanica Lutheran, have been so supportive to us and the mission of Jak's Legacy. We are so thankful for the support because the success of our mission depends largely on donations and the stewardship of God's faithful. The mission is to build and operate an orphanage, clinic and school complex in Uganda. We will be scouting for a plot of land this trip as well as street ministry and visiting other orphanages in the area. The children of Uganda are our primary concern. There are thousands of orphans living literally in the streets and are in dire need of health care and the basics of life. We have awesome people in Africa ready to assist us and also doctors here in the US that have agreed to help once the clinic location has been secured. I will try as much as possible to make blog entries on our journey. We will be traveling from Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Entebbe, Uganda. So for now..ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb