Thoughts Running thru Your Mind


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
June 5th 2012
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.5991, -82.9312

Plans for this trip began back in January. A vacation involving traveling along the coastal cities of the Mediterranean thru Spain, France and Italy by train is our plan. No matter how much time is spent in planning, you start wondering if you covered all the necessary details. As the first day of the trip draws close anxiety begans to build. You tell yourself to focus on the adventure, stay flexible, and go with the flow and things will work out.

As the trip approaches we are beginning to feel the need of a crash course in Spanish, French, and Italian. It might be a little too late for this.

Travel by train should be easier this time with prepurchased train passes. We won't have to wait in lines at the ticket windows. Moving around city to city in three countries will be more flexable using the train passes.

Leaving in June means the weather will be warmer and should make packing a little easier than our previous trips. We are packing as minimalists to keep the weight of our backpacks as light as possible. Traveling with backbacks is more convenient than carrying a suitcase. We've seen many people in subways and train stations struggling with a multitude of bags trying to use stairways and getting in and out of the cars. It's hard to manage luggage in a crowd. We won't be taking our own bikes for our bike excursions. Rental bikes in the major cities will provide the ability to make day trips to the country side.

We expect an interesting trip with many stops in various cities across three countries. We will share our experiences through this blog in real time. Feel free to place your comments and observations on line and we will try our best to respond.

Just checked in by internet to download our e boarding passes. We'll be taking a United Airlines flight to New Jersey (2 hour flight time) with a 1 hour layover before we catch our next flight to Barcelona Spain. The last leg of the flight across the ocean is an 8 hour flight. This means there will be plenty of time for reading, napping or watching movies of your choice.

Rich & Linda


Advertisement



6th June 2012

Have fun I wish I were with you guys
7th June 2012

Kathy and I wish you a fantastic trip. Looking forward to traveling with you thru your pictures.

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb