The BIG canoe ride down the Rouge river


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
May 7th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day..... a big adventure down the river to Rockford ! Tom had a day off work, and after a hearty breakfast, to make sure to keep the energy levels up..... Tom and Geoff put on gumboots, a warm top, and took along a rain jacket and headed down to the river, which runs along the back of Tom and Marilyns property. The skys were heavy but the course was set..... and it would take about 3 hours of paddling to get to Rockfords township. Marilyn and I waived them off and headed back to the house to get some sewing done...... 30 minutes later...... rain on the window pain.... only light, but it was raining ! The plan was .... a phone call to let us know when and where, to pick them up. We waited for the call.... but it didn't come.... the rain was getting heavier.... we were getting worried ! Finally the call came.... they were under the bridge at 12 mile.....come and get us !!! So into Toms truck and we headed to 12 mile Rd to find them. Tom told Geoff..... if anyone looks at us paddling in the rain..... just smile..... we're enjoying this....we're not crazy !!!! We found 2 drenched paddlers, but it was an adventure.... Geoff wouldn't have missed for the world !
Just as fast as the rain came, it cleared and in the afternoon, the boys took a walk around the property, Tom pointed out all the flora and fawna of the swamp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb